ProHome Tracks Tutoring
Most musicians have some kind of recording equipment at home but have limited knowledge as to how to achieve professional results with it. If you would like to achieve more professional sounding recordings at home, ProHome Tracks tutoring is definitely for you.
Owner/producer/engineer Robert George, has over 30 years of experience in audio recording, mixing, producing and mastering and has taught basic and advanced audio recording and mixing classes at UNCA in Asheville. He is now accepting private tutoring students to help musicians and young engineers to get professional results in their own home studios.
Each private ProHome Tracks session is typically 2 hours long. Sessions are held at Sound Temple Studios or virtually, live over the internet. A surprising amount of material can be covered in each 2 hour session.
The following is a short list of topics that can be covered with ProHome Tracks tutoring.
- Microphone types, placement and techniques for all instruments
- How to tune drums to get better recordings
- The recording chain and using hardware preamps, EQ, and compression and/or plugins while recording
- What to listen for when recording and mixing
- Recording levels and gain staging
- How to create headphone mixes for musicians (and/or yourself)
- How to minimize recording latency
- Strategies for tracking a band, overdubs or recording one track at a time (and playing and recording at the same time)
- Mixing workflow and techniques from start to finish using any DAW
- How to use EQ (the importance of subtractive EQ), and dynamics processing when mixing
- How to use delay, reverb, panning and other stereo and spacial techniques
- Using transformer, tube and tape emulation plugins to get a bigger and more professional mix
- What is mastering, why you should avoid doing it yourself and how to prepare your mixes to be professionally mastered
- How to work with and fix the acoustical limitations in your recording space
- Essential gear and software (and making better recordings with the gear and software you already have)
- MUCH MORE…..
Call Robert George at 828-633-2149 to find out more information and costs about ProHome Tracks.