Rates & Policies
- Hourly rate for music tracking, mixing, editing and mastering is $65 per hour (3 hour minimum) including chief engineer Robert George. Full band tracking requires a minimum full day booking plus additional prep time the day before (see setup and prep time below). (email or call for details and prep time for full band tracking).
- Day rate for music tracking, mixing, or mastering is $500 per day (9 hour day) including chief engineer Robert George.
- If you bring your own chief engineer, the studio hourly rate including an in-house assistant for music sessions is $55 per hour (4 hour minimum – call for more details) This is typically for use with outside engineers. An in-house assistant will help set up, start the session and be on call (available within 15 minutes) for any issues if they arise.
- If you bring your own chief engineer, the studio day rate including an in-house assistant for music sessions is $425 per day (9 hour day). The in-house assistant will help set up, start the session and be on call (available within 15 minutes) for any issues if they arise.
- Hourly rate for voiceover recording is $ 75 per hour with a $ 150 minimum fee per session.
- Hourly rate for Source Connect Pro Voiceover Session is $ 200 per hour with a $ 200 minimum fee per session.
- ADR sessions (with or without Source Connect) are $ 225 per hour with a $ 450 minimum fee.
- Voice recording for animation is $ 150 per hour with a $ 300 min fee.
- There is a 4 hour minimum for all new music project sessions using in house engineer. For existing projects (overdubs ext) there is a 2 hour minimum using in house engineer. There is a 4 hour minimum when providing your own engineer.
- Sessions going past 9 pm may be charged an additional $ 25 per hour at our discretion. Sunday sessions may also be at a higher rate. Please inquire.
- Most all of the tracking session setup and preparation is done before each session (unless requested otherwise). Setup/Prep time is charged by the hour. The amount of Prep/setup time varies depending on the recording session (bands sessions take longer). Larger projects with multi-day tracking sessions may be exempt from setup fees when using in house engineer. Please call for details.
- Piano tuning for Yamaha C6 Grand Piano (highly recommended for each session when using piano) is $ 88.00.
- A 50% deposit is needed for a final booking. Final payment due at end of each session. Deposits for scheduled sessions are due within 7 days of the verbal request to become an actual booking on the schedule. Before the deposit arrives it is a hold. The client with the hold will be contacted (to reconfirm and get a deposit immediately) if another request for that same time comes in. All holds gets deleted from the schedule after 7 days with no deposit.
- Deposits/payments can be made via check, cash, credit card (Master Card, Visa, American Express via PayPal) or regular PayPal payment. Please send PayPal payments to firstname.lastname@example.org or ask for a money request/invoice. Typically a 3% fee will be added to fees processed by credit card and/or Pay Pal.
- Clients are solely responsible for long term storage of project files once the recording session and or mixing session is complete.
Normally once a deposit is made for specific dates and a client requests to cancel those dates, that money is non refundable and is used as a deposit toward another booking. Typically rescheduled sessions with clients are not a problem because new booking requests can usually be scheduled around existing bookings. However, if a new booking request comes in (with a specific/non flexible date requirement) and that request was turned away due to a previous booking and that previous booking is cancelled or rescheduled, this might necessitate keeping the deposit (not for re-credit for a future session). This is especially true for last minute cancellations. Again, this happens very rarely, is typically avoided, and always dealt with fairly on a case by case basis. If this is a concern, it’s best to talk about making alternate arrangements in advance.
We look forward to working with you and making your project the best it can be!