Studio Equipment Highlights
SSL Matrix 2 Super Analog Mixer (analog mixer w/ digital control and DAW control – 32 channels inline) and 24 I/O channels of SSL Converters, Apogee Duet Converter.
Condenser Microphones include:
(3) Vintage Neumann Km84 SDC, (1) Neumann TLM103 LDC, (1) Flea 48 tube LDC (exact clone of Neumann U-47, U-48), (1) Brauner Phantom LDC, (2) Telefunken M60 matched pair SCD, (1) ADK Custom Shop Z-251 tube LDC (Telefunken Elam 251 clone w/ NOS Telefunken tube) (2) 3U Audio SDC CM100 Transformer (Neumann KM84 Clone) (2) Miktek CV3 tube matched pair LDC, (2) 3 U Audio Warbler MkVID LDC Matched Pair (Modern Neumann U87 inspired mics), (2) 3 U Audio Warbler MkID LDC Matched Pair (vintage Neumann U87 inspired mics), (2) Vintage CAD E-350 LDC (a darker Neumann FET-47 inspired mic), (2) Audix SCX-25A matched pair MDC, (1) Lawson Fet 47, (2) Lewitt LCT-640 matched pair LDC, (2) Oktava 012 SDC matched pair (w/Michael Joly Lundahl Mods w/cardioid, hypercardioid and omni caps), (1) Sterling ST31 SDC, (2) CAD M179 LDC, (2) 3 U Audio CM100 (Neumann KM184 clones) SDC Pair w/Cardioid, Hypercardioid, Omni capsules
Ribbon Microphones include:
(2) Royer 121 Matched Pair, (2) AEA R84 Matched Pair, (2) AEA Nuvo N8 Matched Pair, (2) Cascade Vinjet matched pair (w/ Michael Joly Mods), and (1) Cascade Vinjet (w/ Michael Joly Mod).
Dynamic Microphones include:
Sennheiser MD-421, (2) Shure SM-57, Shure SM7B, Electro Voice RE-20, Shure Beta52A, Heil PR-30, Telefunken M80, (2) Audix i5, (2) Audix D2, (2) Audix D4, Audix D6, Electo-Voice ND-868, Audio Technica ATM25, Audio Technica ATM23HE, AKG D320B, Miktek PM-10, Red Howler harmonica mic.
Mic Preamps include:
(2) Classic API VP-28, (2) Classic API Heider FD312, Phoenix Audio DRS-8 (8 channels Neve type), Aurora Audio GT2QmkII (2 channels Neve type), (2) A-Designs Pacificas (4 total channels), (2) Millennia Hv-27 (4 total channels), Integer RMP2 ribbon/dynamic mic pre (2 channels), Atlas Juggernaut Twin (2 channels), Focusrite ISA-430, (3) Fethead inline phantom powered preamps, (3) Mogain inline phantom powered preamps.
(2) LA2A clones made by IGS Audio (One LA), Neve Portico 5043 (2 channel) VCA Compressor, (2) Empirical Labs EL8 Distressors, Pete’s Place BAC-500 FET Compressor, TK-Audio BC2-ME (2 channel) VCA Mastering Compresser, Focusrite ISA-430 Compressor, Focusrite ISA-430 De-esser.
Great River/Harrison 32EQ 4 Band Parametric (2 channels), Kush Audio Electro 5 Band Parametric EQ (2 Channels), Alta Moda 4 Band Parametric EQs (6 channels), ISA430 Four Band Parametric EQ, Aurora Audio GTQ2 MkIII 3 Band EQ (2 channels).
Control Room Monitoring includes:
Dynaudio M3As (bi-amped main soffit mount monitors), Bryston 4B SST2 Pro power amp (lows), Benchmark AHB2 power amp (highs/mids), Bryston 10B LR Pro Crossover, APS Klasiks (near-field).
Fatboy Tube Direct Box, RADIAL JDI Passive DI, Radial Pro D2 (stereo) Passive DI, Little Labs Red Eye 3D passive/active DI plus re-amping device, Radial Twin City ABY Switcher, Radial SGI (balanced guitar cable extender).
Yamaha C6 Piano (6′ 11′ Grand Piano in mint condition with artist adjustable piano bench), Nord Electro 4D Keyboard (authentic sounding Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Clavinet and Hammond B3 you want on your record), Neo Ventilator II Digital Leslie (the most authentic one available) Yamaha Motif MOXF8 (ALL the latest Motif XF8 Sounds with 88 key Yamaha piano action),
Taylor 414 Special Edition Acoustic Guitar (same front, back, sides and neck as the 814). Kemper Profiling Amp with over 200 totally authentic boutique, vintage, classic, rare and modern amps from Amp Factory (considered the best amp profiles available), Savage Macht 12 Guitar Amp, Tech 21 Power Engine 60 Amp, MXR 15 band EQ Pedal, MXR Dynacomp Pedal, Line 6 M5 Multi-FX Pedal, TC Electronic Hall Of Fame Reverb Pedal, Radial Twin City ABY Amp Switcher.
Phattie Drums (custom/hand made) with Istambul, Zildjian and Bosphorus Cymbals, and Yamaha & DW hardware. The Phattie kit includes 22″ and 18″ bass drums, 14″ and 16″ floor toms, 10″ and 12″ rack toms and 6.5″ x 14″ snare. This is one of the finest boutique kits ever made with thinner shells for lower fundamentals and harmonics. This is one of the fattest (hence the name Phattie) sounding drum kits you will ever hear. Snare drums include a 6.5″ Ludwig Supraphonic hand hammered snare drum (with die cast hoops) and 6.5″ Phattie wood snare drum (with die cast hoops).
Miscellaneous Gear includes:
(2) Purple Audio 10 Space 500 Series Racks, Hearback Headphone Monitoring System (with 6 headphone mixers). Apple 12 core 3.46 ghz computer w/24″ monitor, SSL MADI Extreme 64 Channel Audio Card, UAD-2 Duo, LG 42″ hi def video monitor in control room, LG 32″ hi def video monitor in live room, Mackie MR8 Live Room Monitors, Equitech Balanced Power Supply, (3) Furman PL8 II Power Conditioners, Lexicon MX-200 Reverb (for headphones), Little Labs Redcloud Passive Attenuator, Marantz CD Player, Aphex 124A Level Interface, Telos One Digital Hybrid, Coleman Monitor Switcher, Fostex D5 DAT, MOTU Micro Lite Midi Interface, Peterson Strobe Tuner, (5) REDCO TT/Bantam 96 point Patchbays.
Digital Audio Workstation software includes:
Pro Tools 12.5, Cubase 8.5, Performer 8.
Audio Software and plugins include:
Source Connect Pro for real time “studio to studio” voice overs, ADR or music recording. This works similar to traditional ISDN sessions but with better audio quality.
Here’s a short list of the audio plugins. Lexicon Reverb, Exponential Audio Reverbs, Waves, Slate Digital, SSL (all), Universal Audio, All Izotope Plugins, Native Instruments, Fabfilter, Sound Toys, PSP, Brainworkx, Sonnox, Overloud, Flux, Audio Ease, Antares, Audio Damage, IK Multimedia, Cytomic, Sonimus, Voxengo, Steinberg and others.
Virtual Instruments include:
Vienna Instruments Strings, Omnishpere, B4II Virtual B3 Organ, Izotope Iris, Lounge Lizard Virtual E Piano, Ivory Virtual Acoustic Piano, Superior Drummer 2, Easy Drummer, Trilian Virtual Bass Instrument, Miraslov Philharmonik, Sample Tank 3, and Sonic Synth Halion Sonic SE, Embracer, Monologue, Loop Mash, Groove Agent.
There’s also a very talented and likable owner/producer/engineer (Robert George) to help bring your music to its highest level (Gotta plug the guy who’s paid for all this). In addition, Independent producers and engineers are very welcome.Bottom line, whatever style of music you play and whatever recording style you prefer, Sound Temple is the recording studio in Asheville, NC you’ll want to record in. (BTW, it’s also very affordable considering what it has to offer).